Call for Papers - International Conference "Harbours in Space and Time" in Mainz
We are now at the end of the overall six-year grant period and therefore will hold an international conference at which we will discuss the final results. The conference is in cooperation with the Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum and the Museum für Antike Schiffahrt in Mainz. It is titled “Harbours in Space and Time” and will be held from the 1st to the 2nd of October 2018 at the Erbacher Hof, Mainz. The conference language will be English.
The conference will include plenum lectures and different parallel sessions. The third day (3rd of October) will be devoted to a field trip to the Kaiserpfalz in Ingelheim.
The interdisciplinary sessions are the following:
- Harbours and Environment
- (Geoarchaeology, Geophysics and environmental factors)
- Archaeological Features/Archaeology findings
- Harbour Facilities and Infrastructur
- Theories and Models
- Economic and traffic areas
- Written and Iconographic Sources: Complementing the Material Evidence
Deadline for submission is the 15th of July 2018.
You will find further information about the interdisciplinary sessions and other topics here.